Home cleaning tips can help you when life gets away from you sometimes. Routines can be tight, especially if you have a large family to take care of. However, sometimes cleaning doesn’t get enough time in the schedule that it needs. Actually, if you manage your time efficiently, you can take care of your family and your home with less time cleaning up. Also, if you are looking for a horse property for sale in Colorado, contact Colorado Horse Property today and speak with one of our horse-person realtors.
I’m not talking about throwing the clothes in the washing machine or the dishes in the dishwasher. I’m talking about dusting, which depending on how large your home is can be a difficult thing to do. You have to be committed to your housekeeping strategy and not only cleans away the dust built up in the nooks and crannies of your home but also what causes the dust buildup in the first place. Remember, dust can cause allergies and asthma symptoms so riding it from your home will make everyone happy. Here are a few tips on how to do that. Get help with spots and stains here at Colorado Horse Property.
Home Cleaning Tips
- Purifiers/Humidifiers—Humidifiers are known to eliminate static electricity which can hold onto dust and air purifiers circulate the air in your home, capturing dust and other pollutants as it does so.
- Vacuuming—If you have carpeting in your home that must be vacuumed, don’t forget to change the bag or emptying the container in your vacuum. Consider vacuuming your floors once a week so that the dust don’t have time to build up. Remember to vacuum under furniture and periodically move appliances to clean behind and underneath. It might seem like a hassle, but by using the proper attachments to your vacuum on upholstered furniture and under cushions can really make a difference.
- Planning—Plan on dusting your home at least twice a week. That might sound like a lot, but the more you do it the less there will be to dust every time. Try starting with the tallest items and work your way down. Don’t forget about the small things like picture frames, blinds, baseboards and anything that stands out from the wall. Mopping with a damp mop and dusting with plain water helps hold the dust and is environmentally friendly.
- Microfiber—Microfiber cloths have an electrostatic charge and can attract dust more efficiently than using a regular feather duster. Actually, feather dusters can spread more dust than they collect.
- Home Air Filters—Filters on heating and air-conditioning systems hold a lot of dust and should be changed often. This will also increase the efficiency of the units themselves. HEPA filters can improve the overall indoor air quality.